Work location: Nootdorp (office) and offshore
Hours: 40 hours a week
Would you like to become a Geotechnical Engineer with the world’s leading offshore geotechnical company? Fugro can offer you this challenging job.
Fugro is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Fugro employs approximately 10,500 employees in around 60 countries.
The Netherlands Marine organisation (former Fugro Engineers B.V.) is mainly focussed on Marine Site Characterisation services based out Nootdorp, the Netherlands. Our field of expertise consists of conducting site investigations and providing (geotechnical) consultancy services for offshore projects like windfarms and oil and gas developments. We work internationally and cooperate closely with other Fugro companies and international clients.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you work on site characterization and foundation engineering for structures in or on the seabed. These structures include, amongst others, offshore wind turbine generators, intercontinental infrastructure and offshore platforms. You will do this by providing high-quality soil characterization under demanding conditions, ranging in climate from tropical to arctic and from the shore to 3000 m below sea level. Currently, most of our projects are focused offshore Europe and Africa. You will work, offshore and in-office, on a wide range of projects, with variety in character, scale and complexity. You will go offshore for several weeks (approximately 120 days a year in total) with a team of geotechnical engineers to acquire data, perform in situ and site laboratory tests, and collect and process soil and/or rock samples. Together with your team you will evaluate the test results, perform engineering analyses and finally compile all results into a high-quality report for our clients. Our company is the place to be if you like to combine field work with in-office reporting and engineering analyses.
- BSc or MSc degree, in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology. Relevant experience preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of and interest in soil investigation, soil mechanics and foundation engineering and be happy to share knowledge;
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English;
- Key competencies: taking initiative, team work, entrepreneurship, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical excellence, hands-on mentality;
- Applicants must hold a current European Union work permit if they are not an EU member.
What We Offer
- A job with variation at an international successful company;
- Working in motivated, multicultural teams within an informal atmosphere;
- An independent position with room for own initiative;
- Extensive training program;
- A wide range of development opportunities;
- Competitive terms of employment;
- The whole world as your workplace.
To apply for this position, please upload your CV and motivation letter through our website (https://www.fugro.com/careers). Please note the closing date of this vacancy is 19 January 2018.
For further information, please contact Jordy Molle via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 70 31 11165.